My wife and I cannot recommend Paul and SCI strongly enough! They recently finished remodeling the basement in our 100 year old house. It was a large job, including installing a perimeter drain, new water pipes, new radiator pipes, new electric wiring, gutting the entire basement and starting from scratch. The result is a beautiful new basement with 3 bedrooms, new bathroom, laundry room, closets, storage room, large entertainment room. Paul and every single tradesman who worked in our house did an outstanding job. Each and every person who worked on our house was an excellent craftsman who clearly cares about what he is doing. They are also nice, reliable, respectful and trustworthy people, which helped make the entire 5 month project a relative breeze. My wife and I will use Paul and SCI for future jobs and recommend them without reservation.
My wife and I recently completed a project with Service Construction and could not have been more pleased. The project involved expanding and remodeling our kitchen as well as recreating our front entrance and family room. This was a major undertaking for us as we knew the entire first floor would we affected by the construction effort. One of our main concerns was the fact that we would be without our kitchen for over 2 months. In selecting a contractor we needed to pick a builder that was not only able to complete the project but also be respectful to the fact we would be inconvenienced during the remodeling process.
Service Construction was selected from the (3) firms that we conducted in-depth interviews with and the decision to go forward with Service Construction was and easy one and we would make again without hesitation. Here are the following reasons why.
1. When we met with the owner, Paul Saydak at our home he gave us an “honest” assessment of the total cost of the project. We have an old home, built in 1929, and Paul suggested to obtain an accurate price he would need to poke some holes on our walls to see what lies behind them. This way there would be no surprises after any of the walls came down that could add to the cost of the project. The other contractors told us, for example, if a vent was behind a wall it could add up to 10% more to the construction cost. Paul, on the other hand, was more thorough in his pricing.
2. After meeting with Paul and listening to his concepts about the project we knew we had to hire him. We were provided with other designs from the competition prior to seeing Paul and none of the other of them were as thought out to fit the construction of our existing home. Paul also explained the importance of getting our home up to current code, not only to pass city inspection, but for the safety ramifications.
3. My wife prefers to home cook every meal and she was dreading the fact we might have to eat out every night during the construction process. Service Construction was able to set-up a make shift kitchen for us with all the necessary appliances, prep table, sink and running water.
4. Throughout the project the electricians, carpenters, plumbers, etc. were professional and considerate of our situation. Paul was always able to be reached if there were any questions or concerns.
5. Lastly, about a year after our kitchen was finished, during a winter cold snap one of our water pipes froze in the basement. I called Paul to ask for help, since I couldn’t get a plumber out to my house for at least 24 hours. Paul sent one of his workers out to my home and defrosted the pipe and insulated it. This just underscores what type of person Paul is and highlights his professionalism.
The end result, our kitchen, family room, etc. is absolutely stunning. Our friends were captivated by our kitchen and love the flow and layout. My wife and I would provide an unconditional recommendation to select Service Construction.
Thanks for making our house so beautiful; we appreciate it each and everyday.B. and F.
Service Construction renovated our master bedroom/bathroom suite. They started on the day they scheduled and finished ahead of schedule. Their workmanship and care to detail was outstanding. They were very neat during the whole process. Their crew and subs were all great to work with and were very helpful and friendly. I have, and will, continue to recommend Service Construction to others.Joe W.
Service Construction, headed by Paul Saydak, is by far the best contractor out of the many we have worked with. The quality of the work is always the best. No contractor has paid as much attention to our needs or the details and cost containment. Our home is more beautiful because of Service Construction.Keith and Jodi H.
Service Construction gave us prompt attention even though our home repairs involved a relatively small job stemming from a neighbor’s auto accident. They did very thorough and professional work. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend them.David B., Lake Bluff
Our experience with Service Construction has been highly successful. Paul Saydak not only has a great insight to what and how to accomplish a job successfully but also how to keep costs in line, meanwhile keeping a project on an acceptable time line. We have found his services and the workers that he enlists to be talented, professional, trustworthy and timely. These are characteristics that our past experiences with other construction companies have lacked. Paul and his team are good listeners and good communicators. We have found them to be resourceful, reliable and an all around positive experience. We would recommend Service Construction with the utmost confidence.Cathy and Bob
Paul and his crew did a very professional job remodeling our kitchen. The job was completed in timely fashion and his Service Construction crew was at all times punctual, highly efficient, and hard working. Paul is very knowledgeable, and had valuable suggestions to guide us through the project. What was very important to us was that Paul was always accessible by phone or email.Therese and Tom
Finding a general contractor who is competent, reliable and trustworthy can be very difficult. That’s why I had in-depth discussions with several references before I hired Paul Saydak and his company to perform a major renovation of my home 4 years ago. Each of the references who spoke to me were happy to recommend Paul and his company. Some were so pleased with the work he did, they invited me to their homes so they could show off his work to me. Based on my experiences over the past 4 years with Paul and his crews, I feel the same way those other customers felt, and I’m happy to provide this testimonial about Paul’s work.
Since 2006, we have had several projects with Paul. For our first project, Paul completely remodeled the main floor of our home and built a new laundry room and office for us upstairs. A year later, Paul handled the re-roofing and re-siding of our house and replaced our second floor windows. Since then, Paul has handled other projects of various sizes, including replacing skylights, installing and finishing new hardwood floors, installing new electrical circuits, installing new indoor and outdoor lighting and, last summer, designing and installing a completely new driveway for our home.
Paul’s workmanship is always excellent and his pricing is fair, including his handling of change orders, which is really important. He has a good eye for meeting the challenges of existing conditions and designing around problems. He and his employees and subcontractors show up as scheduled, coordinate well with other workers who may be involved, such as cabinet suppliers and landscapers, and they finish projects on time.
If you’re his customer, your needs come first. That’s why I’ve recommended Paul to my children, my clients, my friends and my business partners. And based on all of our experiences, I’m recommending him to you.Jeffrey D. Warren
Burke, Warren, MacKay & Serritella, P.C.
330 N. Wabash Ave.
Chicago, Illinois 60611-3607
My wife and I cannot recommend Paul and SCI strongly enough! They recently finished remodeling the basement in our 100 year old house. It was a large job, including installing a perimeter drain, new water pipes, new radiator pipes, new electric wiring, gutting the entire basement and starting from scratch. The result is a beautiful new basement with 3 bedrooms, new bathroom, laundry room, closets, storage room, large entertainment room. Paul and every single tradesman who worked in our house did an outstanding job. Each and every person who worked on our house was an excellent craftsman who clearly cares about what he is doing. They are also nice, reliable, respectful and trustworthy people, which helped make the entire 5 month project a relative breeze. My wife and I will use Paul and SCI for future jobs and recommend them without reservation.David & Christina